Pages

Books Released This Month

Like my monthly “Books I Read This Month” post I write for the last day of each month, I am now beginning another scheduled post, “Books Released This Month,” in which I will list some of the new books being published in the month to come. I’m sure most of them will be novels of the literary persuasion because that is what I read most often, and perhaps most of them will be featured in the “Books I Read This Month” post after they’ve been released, if I read them. Enjoy. :)

The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman 
31 July 2012 - Technically last month, but this sounds like a really good book, so I'm listing it anyway.
Literary Fiction
An ex-soldier takes a job as a lighthouse keeper where he and his wife find an orphaned infant and raise her as their own.

Monster by Dave Zeltserman 
2 August 2012
Thriller 
In 19th century Germany, a man sentenced to death for a murder he did not commit awakes to find himself inside a monstrous body in the lair of Dr. Frankenstein. 

In the Shadow of the Banyan by Vaddey Ratner 
7 August 2012
Literary Fiction
The story of a young girl in during the genocide of Cambodia in the 1970s.

Winter Journal by Paul Auster 
21 August 2012
Memoir 
An unconventional memoir, a meditation on the sensations of the body.

The Orchardist by Amanda Coplin 
21 August 2012
Literary Fiction 
At the turn of the 20th century, a reclusive orchardist risks his life to protect two pregnant young women. 

One Last Thing Before I Go by Jonathan Tropper 
21 August 2012
Fiction
A one-hit-wonder rock star decides to refuse his necessary heart surgery when he learns that his ex-wife is to remarry.

Peace, Aimee

4 comments:

  1. Cool. Thanks for the heads up. Some of these sound lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your list of books making their way into the world and thanks for the visit and membership at The Write Game. Hope to see you there again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice list. I may have to take a look at a few of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh The Orchardist sounds good. Thanks for the list!

    I like the blog! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete