IWSG - Opportunities to Achieve Goals and Reach Fulfillment


It’s that time again, and though I said in my last IWSG that I was determined to finish my first draft by the end of the year, I have not accomplished much in it. I am not on track to finish, at the rate I had intended, so I will really have to up my game to get it done on time.

The thing is, I didn’t honestly expect myself to be on track one month into my venture. I’m truly lacking some perseverance quality or something. Because of this, my biggest writing fear is that I will never finish a novel worth publishing, that I will not be able to accomplish the thing I knew when I first picked up a book as a toddler that I needed to do with my life. After watching John Green’s latest VlogBrothers video yesterday, in which he claimed to not know what to do with his life, I have been unable to decide if I am relieved or unnerved. If someone who has accomplished great things and achieved much of his life goals is still afraid that they aren’t doing enough, then what is it I need to do?

I must say, I am actually more relieved than unnerved by John Green’s words. I’m certain that, even if I achieve something even remotely close to his books’ popularity, I too would still feel like I haven’t achieved yet my life goal. It’s just the way humans work. It’s the way the world works. We don’t finish our big project and then be happy the rest of our life. Goals come ago, happiness comes and goes, and achieving something doesn’t mean you’re finished.

Let’s hope this knowledge helps me complete this draft by the end of the year. I know I will feel replete for a while when I’m done, but that feeling will fade, and soon I’ll have others opportunities to write and bring happiness to others—and myself.

Peace, Aimee

8 comments:

  1. Hi Aimee! I'm visiting today as one of the IWSG co-hosts. I'm writing my first book and painfully slowly. I have to keep knocking down those "Who Do I Think I Am, Writing This Nobody Will Ever Read It!" boogymen. Every day is an act of plodding courage. It's so helpful to read your words. Sometimes when I'm down, I make a list of all the wonderful things in my life, especially things I've accomplished. Sometimes I get so caught up in my life's purpose that I forget what wonderful things are in my life. You'll get there ~ and would it matter if you were a few weeks or a month or two later than you planned!!! Just keep moving forward, one step in front of another. Sending you peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aimee, thank you for this post - a lot of wisdom here, about humans and our struggle. I think it's wonderful that you're moving forward at all - timelines are just motivators, they are not measuring sticks!

    I also really identify - it seems to me the more important something is to me, sometimes the slower I move forward on it! Frustrating, but I do get that I'm scared. So, I think ANY forward movement is cause for great celebration, because it's so BRAVE!! :)

    Cheering you on- I think you are so talented and have so much to share with us! Looking forward to anything you write! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think as long as you're writing, you're working toward your goal. You may not get there in the time you'd wanted, but forward movement is what really counts! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get your draft completed! It's wonderful when you do and can finally share it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. information from the story that you give very interesting. and now I recommend herbal medicine to overcome the disease naturally without any side effects and is safe for consumption.

    Member Green World Indonesia

    Pasta Gigi Herbal Tanpa Fluoride

    Colostrum Nutrient Green World

    Obat Pelangsing Alami

    Obat Sperma Agar Kental

    ReplyDelete
  6. Obat Telinga Berdengung Alami Informasi yang bermanfaat dan tentunya sangat menarik di baca terima kasih.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Makanan yang Tidak Boleh Dikonsumsi Penderita Kanker Rahim Terima kasih informasinya sangat menarik kalau berkenan silahkan kunjungi website kami.

    ReplyDelete