Friday, July 20, 2012

The Pen Is Mightier than the Sword


You may have noticed (or maybe you didn’t) that I sort of disappeared for a few weeks. This was an accident. An accidental blog break. It’s not like I had nothing to say, nor that I had no time, nor that I forgot — as a matter of fact, I’ve been thinking about my blog more in the past few weeks than I ever have before — but it’s because I’ve been taking on a lot more responsibilities (and more are to come soon) and thinking about my priorities in life.

I have a full time job, I have started doing book reviews on this blog, I consider myself a writer and am working on a novel (or two or three…), and I do sometimes feel the need to go out and have a social life. Since it is summer I am not in school, but in the fall I will be starting my third year of college, all night classes, so I’ll still be able to work full time during the day (because I enjoy my job). At the moment, my job and my friends (since many of them will be moving away quite soon, and I love them too much!) are my responsibilities. In the fall, since many of my friends will have moved away by then, my job and my schoolwork will be my responsibilities. Luckily I am unmarried and have no children. Gah! Imagine if I did!

I am fully aware that if I stopped blogging (and reviewing books here), there would be no immediate repercussions. This is why I declare my blog NOT a responsibility, and this is why it sometimes is lacking when my responsibilities grow. However, I have affirmed to myself that this blog is one of my top priorities. The things I say here, the books I read and discuss, and my future as well as the future of the world (yes, this is my inflated ego speaking — in all honesty I am fully aware of how little effect I have on the world) are extremely close to me. I am passionate about creating a more peaceful world and encouraging people to read and enjoy books that fellow writers have published. I believe that the pen is mightier than the sword, that we can create a more respectful environment on this earth through sharing our words and communicating peacefully. This is why I would never post a negative review. This is why I continually come back to this blog and see it as a conduit to the rest of the world and to the future of society. This is why I read and share my thoughts on the books, looking through the eyes of another human being at the world around me (not just the characters’ eyes but the author’s as well). This is why I write.

From here on in, indefinitely, I will be blogging practically every day, be it a book review, a post about writing techniques, an essay on peace, or my own personal endeavours. If I randomly go a week without posting something, don’t worry about me, it’s just my other responsibilities taking hold, but they will soon pass; my job, my schoolwork, money, all those things are transient — it’s the things about which we are passionate and decide to pursue that make us who we are. Please join me on my journey to unite the world with words. :)

Peace, Aimee

4 comments:

  1. I don't see why you shouldn't have a break from blogging now and again. Just don't stay away too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about taking a break every now and then. We all need a little breathing from time to time:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aimee, take care of yourself! Blogging is really important (I agree with wanting to make a difference through your writing - me too), but pacing yourself is important too. Sounds like you have alot on your plate!

    Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

    Obat Kulit Bersih
    Obat Pilek Menahun
    Obat Alami Batu Empedu
    Obat Lupus
    Obat Ginjal Bocor
    Obat Infeksi Lambung
    Penanganan TBC Kelenjar
    Obat Gatal Bibir Vagina
    Obat Penyakit Jantung
    Obat Herbal Dan Produk Herbal Terlaris Di Indonesia

    ReplyDelete