Yann Martel

...is an author, not the title of a book, but if I were to post a book that started with the letter Y that I have read, I would be duplicating an author from another A to Z Challenge post.

Yann Martel is one of my favorite authors. I adore Life of Pi, and Beatrice and Virgil is one of the most adorable and insightful books I've read. The Facts Behind the Helsinki Roccamatios is a fascinating read, and Martel's style brings spirituality, the human connection to nature (particularly animals), and a sense of adventure to the forefront of his readers' minds. I highly recommended any of his books to any reader, in particular Life of Pi, which I have posted about before here, and which I believe is a necessary read for any human being interested in looking at new ways to find enlightenment.

Animal lovers unite! 

Peace, Aimee

3 comments:

  1. So what's the Z choice?

    I haven't yet read Yann Martel, though Beatrice and Virgil is a title that almost seems to be taunting me into reading him... And I'm pretty sure I have the paperback of Life of Pi lying around somewhere.

    I'll have to push him up my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be posting my Z choice soon!

    Ah, yes, Beatrice and Virgil sounds like your type of thing, doesn't it. You should definitely read some Yann Martel.

    ReplyDelete