V for Vendetta

After a nuclear war has destroyed much of the world and a fascist party has taken over the UK government, an anarchist revolutionary who calls himself 'V' and wears a Guy Fawkes mask detonates a bomb at Parliament and saves a young woman named Evey from gangsters. V intends to kill off the members of the fascist party in control of the country, partly to overthrow the government, and partly for revenge.

This graphic novel by Alan Moore was published in the 1980s, when it was timely, and it has been timely every year since, in my opinion. It is an amazing story with great impact on its readers. I would highly recommended you read it, even if you've already seen the movie, which follows the book fairly well.

Peace, Aimee

6 comments:

  1. "Remember, remember, the Fifth of November..." I saw the movie first and loved it. Then I found the graphic novel. Usually it's the other way around for me, like Persepolis - another great graphic novel-turned-film.
    Enjoy the rest of the Challenge - we are almost done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Aimée! I've seen the movie but I haven't read the graphic novel. I liked the film so I should give it a read, too!

    Have a lovely week and happy A to Z!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the book is better than the movie. Some books, even when precisely followed, do not make good films.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done a great job on the A to Z Challenge...
    Jeremy [Retro-Zombie]
    A to Z Co-Host
    My New Book:
    Retro-Zombie: Art and Words

    ReplyDelete