Universe, The Restaurant at the End of the

This is worse cheating than The Importance of Being Earnest for letter E... But seeing as I haven't yet read Uncle Tom's Cabin or The Bourne Ultimatum (I'm missing the first book of the series and can't find it anywhere!) and I do not want to duplicate authors for this A to Z Challenge (using Ulysses, since I already used James Joyce for the letter A), this will have to do.  

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe is the second book in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series by Douglas Adams, in which a man named Arthur Dent is saved by his alien friend when the earth is destroyed in order to make room for a new space highway. It's British, scientific (in the loosest sense of the word), and hilarious, three of my favorite categories all wrapped up in one.

Peace, Aimee

3 comments: