Monday, April 2, 2012

Breakfast with Buddha

In this novel, author Roland Merullo takes the reader on a journey across America with the reluctant Otto Ringling and a riddlemaking monk. Though Otto tries to Westernize his passenger, he begins to understand his life through the guru's eyes.

Breakfast with Buddha is a witty and insightful tale that I would recommend to people interested in spiritual novels, and even to those who aren't. I thought it was a fun story of a cynic learning that cynicism can sometimes be hindering.

Peace, Aimee

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aimee, I came over from the A-Z Blogging Challenge. *waves* I'm also a college student :-D
    I've never heard of Breakfast with Buddha but thank you for the rec and I'll be sure to check it out.
    Best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to add this one to my list. I like books like that. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Aimee. I chose your name randomly from the A-Z list. Like to surprise myself. This is a great idea for the challenge. I hadn't heard of this one. Thank you.

    I blog at L'Aussie Writing, which is linked to my pic and also at RomanticFridayWriting where you'll find daily flash fiction during the A-Z. I hope you can visit me at either of my blogs.

    Denise

    RomanticFridayWriters A-Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouldn't it be fun to have breakfast with a buddha? You know, as long as he didn't eat all your toast!!!
    Happy A to Z!

    ReplyDelete