Thursday, November 3, 2011

Shakespeare Writing Contest

I am really, really excited for this contest!

For this contest, write a Shakespearean sonnet. For those who need a refresher, here are the parameters:

1. Shakespearean sonnets are 14 lines long.

2. Shakespearean sonnets follow the a,b,a,b, c,d,c,d, e,f,e,f, g,g rhyme scheme.

3. Shakespearean sonnets are in iambic pentameter, meaning there are ten syllables per line.

I know that a lot of people (me included) are participating in NaNoWriMo this month, and since Shakespearean sonnets are a bit tricky to write, I am going to give you guys a little more time. Please send your sonnet to cheesepuff5292@yahoo.com by Sunday 4 December 2011.

I will announce the winner on Wednesday 7 December 2011. The winner will receive a 2500 word critique of their manuscript (or whatever they want critiqued) by me! That’s about ten pages!

I would love it if you word spread the word about this fun contest on your blog or on twitter. Thank you so much! Good luck, and I seriously can’t wait to read your sonnets!

Peace, Aimee

P.S. If I get enough submissions, there may be a chance at a second and/or third prize of a 1000 word critique! So please participate! It'll be fun and totally worth it! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hello. I just found this (Jan 2012) Are you planning on doing this contest again? With great interest, G.Robin Smith (Robin)

    ReplyDelete
  2. G. Robin Smith - I may decide to do this contest again in the future, since it was a really fun one. But at the moment, I am hosting a different contest, a horror short story contest. Here is the link if you're interested! http://aimeebeatricejodoin.blogspot.com/2012/01/creepy-crawly-writing-contest.html

    ReplyDelete