Friday, August 19, 2011

An Experiment

I've been thinking a lot lately about blogging. Having a schedule here, posting Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, has done a lot of good for me, since I don't a have a job and my college schedule is super sporadic. A schedule is something I need in my life; that's just the way my personality is. Without one I'd go crazy not having someone tell me what to do. Big open spaces are daunting to me.

But as you can tell by the content of my blog (blogger burnout in June, forgetting to post on Wednesday this week [sorry about that :)]) constant output is something that is very difficult for me, at least at this point in my life. If I were getting paid to blog, though, that would be a different story. But I'm not, so...

This is why I put up contests and started that Book Club thing. To have something to keep me here. It's not the words I write and the ideas I write about that keep me writing, it's the people that read the words and ideas and respond to them.

I know I've taken a lot of mini vacations from blogging recently. But I need to do a little experiment here. I will be taking another mini vacation from blogging in the next week. I will be back on Monday 29 August 2011 with the Book Club post about All the Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy. And I promise that I won't be taking any time off in September. After that, though, I can't promise anything. We'll have to see when we get there. I must say this, though: I will not be shutting down my blog. There just may be some changes later on in October.

See you in a week!

Peace, Aimee

2 comments: