Cool Things and The Places I Visit Most Often On The Internet

Before we get started today I'd like to point out to you that I added word count widgets in the sidebar, you know, just in case you're interested in knowing how my writing is going. This prevents me from talking about it all the time in my blog posts. It won't be necessary for me to go on and on about how frustrated I am about my writing being stagnant because it's right there on the page, so I would feel self-absorbed blogging about it; that way you won't have to hear about it all the time. So there you go. You're welcome.

I'm sure most, if not all of you have been to the ex-literary-agent Nathan Bransford's blog and forums, but if not, here is the link. It is the best tool for writers that I have found on the internet. I'm seriously on it every single day. There is great writing advice, and the community is wonderful.

As you probably know, I am a big advocate for peace. I really support a non-profit organization called Peace One Day. The founder, documentary film maker Jeremy Gilley, is very inspirational and has done wonderful work for the world. International Peace Day is September 21st. Here is the link to the website. And here is a short video I recommend you watch.



Another great writing blog is the Literary Lab. Three writers take turns blogging and discuss writing and books and stuff. It's pretty cool, and there are contests every once in a while.

I also spend a heck of a lot of time on Facebook.

So there you have it. What are the websites you visit a lot? And is there a cause or an organization that you support?

Peace, Aimee

10 comments:

  1. Thanks Aimee,
    I joined Nathan's blog. My wife makes small peace-sign necklaces and we give them as gifts for birthdays and other special occasions.
    Peace,
    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan's an amazing person and a terrific resource for all of us writers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following Under the Tiki Hut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nathan's blog is great. I also like Janet Reid's blog and QueryShark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not on fb or twitter, so pretty much visit other blogs in the writing community. It's definitely a great way to learn and stay tuned in to the craft.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aimee, I, too, yearn for peace : first in the hearts of those around me, and then, in this bloodied world which seems to have forgotten the concept.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. As a harried rare blood courier, I have so little time to visit my blog friends as much as I would like to. I tend to visit those who comment as courtesy and sitting down in the cyber-home of a new friend, Roland

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the comments you guys! The internet is a great place to connect with people from all over the world. And Nathan's site is a wonderful community for writers. I'm glad to see people who try to promote peace too! Keep it up Rick and Roland!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Lit Lab and Nathan's blog are two blogs I frequent. I also faithfully read the Shrinking Violets Promotion blg.

    Thanks for sharing the video link.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I actually like Nathan more now that he's an ex-agent. He seems a little less intimidating to me now, but his blog has always been so helpful. I have a FB, but I'm not on it all that much any more!

    ReplyDelete