Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hey There!

So this blog had gone into hibernation for the past, oh, I don't know, two years. But it's up now, and I'm starting from square one. Here's a little about me, which I hope you will find interesting, or at least interesting enough to become a follower or leave a nice comment just saying hi.

My name is Aimee. I am a college student (cough, cough, community college) in the United States, who is simultaneously looking for a job (somewhere, anywhere!) and working on writing a novel. I've wanted to be a writer since I knew how to write. It's my dream. I've written many short stories and submitted things to some contests, but so far I haven't had any luck. It's a tough business. I finished my first novel a few months ago and am in the revising process, which is progressing very slowly. I am also working on my second novel, which is progressing much faster than the first. Besides writing, I spend my "free" time playing the guitar, studying chemistry, reading, and just hanging out with friends. Side note: I am studying chemistry because I am working toward becoming a pharmacy technician; writing doesn't pay much when you first start out, and to be brutally honest, it never pays much, unless you're Stephen King or J.K. Rowling. Okay, end side note. I am also somewhat of a peace activist. I am part of a peace club at my college, and I have been strongly supporting the International Day of Peace, 21 September, for the past few years, though mostly by word of mouth. Since Peace Day pretty much came and went for me this year (as it is also my sister's birthday) I am planning on spending the entirety of this next year spreading the word and organizing an event for Peace Day 2011. I will be posting on this blog, all about my efforts in peace and writing, so please follow me and enjoy the ride.

Phew. Okay, I think we're off to a great start. Now, why don't you tell me a little about yourself?

Peace, Aimee

10 comments:

  1. Don't feel funny for going to Comm College. I did it for my first two years and I am glad I did. When I finally got to four year school I didn't have to sit in a lecture hall with two hundred other people, dozing off in my seat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm Cameron. I'm looking forward to following your blog because I see we have a lot in common. I'm also a college student, I'm currently working on my first novel, and I've been playing guitar for about 4 months.

    if you're interested, check out my blogs at www.purestromance.blogspot.com and walletmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thank you guys for taking the time to read this and follow me! I think I might not end up at a university after community college. It's pretty expensive, and I don't really need it for what I'm doing.

    Cameron - I've been playing guitar for about three years, but I haven't practiced recently. Good luck! It's great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey ! I'm jumping into that boat with you, Aimee. New blog, new experience, eh? Good luck, and let's stick together for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good, Claudie! And good luck to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think community college makes great sense. Take the basic courses in small classrooms rather than in huge auditoriums. I first did CC before heading to the university, and there was no stigma attached to it. Unless my kids get big scholarships, I will probably recommend they go this route.

    ReplyDelete
  7. heyyy aimee! i never knew you played the guitar! i think that's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Aleeza! It's really fun, but I kind of suck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its a very interesting start you've given :)
    I don't know how I came across your blog...don't know because I knew when I entered...but its so interesting and I started browsing and now can't figure out why am here...but I definitely wanna be here now that I am :)
    So, already a "follower" - its a disturbing word.

    Keep it up, you have a nice way of telling even some boring things :)

    V,
    Onomarith

    ReplyDelete